Most Frequently Asked Questions - for HD 2MP and HD 5MP Series DVR.
If you forget the password, you may go to Main Menu – Maintenance -Reset Default to set the DVR to factory default settings. The default username is admin and the password is 00000000 (eight zeros).
If you locked the system and forgot the password, please contact us through email@example.com.
Please download the TIGERSECU CMS from the links below for remote viewing on your computer:
Note: If you are using a Mac and upgrade the macOS to Catalina 64-bit, there are two more steps you need to do.
a. Please follow the instruction “TIGERSECU CMS for Mac User“ step by step to install the CMS on your Mac.
b. Please check your DVR firmware version on your DVR, make sure it is 20191107 or later version. If not, you may upgrade the DVR firmware first.
For the Mobile app, you may download the app TIGERSECU HD Viewer from Google Play for Android devices or App Store for iPhone and iPad.
1.Go to the DVR Main Menu – Network – Network, keep DHCP chosen from the Network Type, and click Apply. Make sure there’s a valid IP address.
2. Go to the DVR Main Menu – Network – QR Code and make sure the UID Status is ON.
3. If there is a valid IP address and the status is on, confirm you entered the correct port number and password within the app.
4. If the IP address shows “0.0.0.0” or the UID status shows “OFF”, make sure the system is connected directly to the router instead of a WIFI extender. Restart your router and try again.
5. If the error message continues to appear, contact us at 323-315-3096 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check the camera video cable and power connections.
To determine if cameras are receiving power, look for activation of the night vision infrared light (this red glow is best seen in the dark).
– If you do not see the infrared light, the cameras may not be receiving power. Replace the camera’s power adapter or purchase one at www.amazon.com/dp/B07JJQGVBQ.
– If you do see the infrared light but do not see the camera feed on your DVR, contact us at 323-315-3096 or email@example.com with your camera’s brand and model number, and we’ll check it out for you.
Try a different HDMI/VGA/CVBS cable.
Try a different port on the monitor (some TV monitors have multiple HDMI ports).
Try a different monitor (desktop computer monitor is recommended).
Need help? Contact us at 323-315-3096 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
TIGERSECU Super HD 1080P and 5MP DVRs work with these security camera formats: HD-TVI, HD-CVI, AHD, and D1.
How to check if your cameras will work with a TIGERSECU DVR:
- Find your camera’s model number (generally located on the bottom or side of the camera).
- Identify the camera’s format (typically found by searching Amazon, Google, or the camera brand’s website).
- If the camera is analog BNC that is TVI, CVI, AHD or D1, the camera will work with TIGERSECU.
- If the camera is analog BNC that is SDI, the camera will not work with TIGERSECU.
1. If the cameras show the TIGER LOGO on each camera channel, please check whether the camera night vision is on during the night.
2-1. If the night vision is not switched on, try a different power adapter for the cameras.
2-2. If the night vision is switched on, please let us know the model number of the cameras so we could check it out for you.
3. If your cameras show No Signal and you’re not using IP cameras, please go to Main Menu > Camera Menu > Camera, un-check the IP mode. Then click Apply.
4. For optimal performance of the TIGERSECU DVR and to avoid camera compatibility issues, purchase TIGERSECU 1080P cameras for a complete home security system.
TIGERSECU uses branded surveillance hard disk drives (HDD) from major HDD manufacturers such as WD Purple and Toshiba. These manufacturers produce surveillance HDDs specifically for usage in security DVRs and NVRs.
Brands of surveillance HDD we recommend and which work with TIGERSECU DVRs:
– WD Purple (by Western Digital)
TIGERSECU DVRs can accommodate surveillance hard drives of up to 16TB each.
If you acquire a replacement or second HDD for your TIGERSECU DVR recording system, ensure that the HDD you acquire is a surveillance HDD designed for installation in DVRs and NVRs.
*Please note: External hard disk drives, computer hard drives, and USB external disk drives are NOT suitable for use with TIGERSECU systems.”
Following these simple steps can help free up hard drive space and allow you to record more video footage:
a. Reduce recording quality. (Go to User Manual Chapter 3. Main Menu > Record menu > Video & Audio.)
b. Record only when motion is detected. (Go to User Manual Q&A #8.)
The TIGERSECU 5MP HD-TVI security camera needs to be connected to a security DVR to use all their features, but a number of security recorders aren’t compatible with this camera.
The lists below provide guidance, however, if you have any questions about a specific DVR and compatibility with our 5MP HD-TVI camera, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
The TIGERSECU 5MP HD-TVI security camera is compatible with the following security DVRs:
TIGERSECU 2MP (1080P) Security DVR
TIGERSECU 5MP Security DVR
Third party branded (non-TIGERSECU) 5MP HD-TVI DVR
Third party branded (non-TIGERSECU) 5MP 4-in-1 Hybrid Security DVR
Third party branded (non-TIGERSECU) 5MP 5-in-1 Hybrid Security DVR
This 5MP HD-TVI security camera does NOT work with:
Third party branded (non-TIGERSECU) 2MP Security DVRs
Third party branded (non-TIGERSECU) D1 Security DVRs
Third party branded (non-TIGERSECU) AHD Security DVRs
Third party branded (non-TIGERSECU) CVI Security DVRs
If your question is not listed here, please send your Amazon Order ID to our email: firstname.lastname@example.org and wait patiently, we’ll get back to you within 12 hrs (Mon.- Fri.).
If you need telephone support, please send us your telephone number and availability, and we’ll get this set up.